An inpatient recovery facility such as alcohol rehab Denver is an ideal option for an addict struggling with a severe alcohol and drugs addiction. Inpatient recovery programs have a greater success rate compared to outpatient programs. Finding the appropriate program for your needs can enhance the recovery experience.
Why are inpatient alcohol recovery programs successful?
A patient undergoing an inpatient recovery program has 24/7 support for a duration not less than three weeks of 21 days. In an alcohol inpatient facility such as alcohol rehab Denver, the patient attends group and individual counseling sessions, usually every day. Moreover, these programs offer an environment free of triggers that could cause relapse.
What do you look for when choosing an inpatient recovery facility?
Getting the right center is the next step once you have decided to go for an inpatient drug recovery program. The following are some factors to consider when choosing an inpatient facility.
- Program duration: Inpatient recovery programs last anywhere from a few days to weeks to months. While more extended programs lead to a higher success rate, many patients may not commit to the charges that come with more extended inpatient programs or the longer time from family or work. Thus, the duration you can commit is critical in choosing a rehab program.
- Affordability and accessibility: Cost and accessibility are among the most significant hindrances for most patients seeking inpatient services. Knowing the nature of treatment that you can afford should be the beginning point. Individuals with kids may want to remain close to their loved ones to enable visitation during recovery. In addition, some inpatient rehab centers nowadays provide housing for loved ones, allowing mothers to focus on treatment without separating from their children.
- Drug-specific rehab: Some inpatient programs are fashioned to address specific addictions like alcohol, prescription medications, illicit drugs, or other types of addiction. Most programs provide overlapping services, and thus, it is essential to find the facility’s experience in dealing with your kind of addiction.
- Drug recovery program philosophies: In researching the available options, it is vital to consider the facility’s philosophies behind their programs. Many drug recovery facilities include the conventional 12-step program but may vary the approach to the program. Some others provide alternative treatment methods, most of which are more holistic. Once you have found the philosophies, consider the success rates of the model. For example, several recovery programs boast high success rates by looking at the number of patients who have graduated from their program rather than considering the long-term outcomes. Moreover, you should find out the nature of aftercare programs that the recovery facility has. Once you are discharged from the facility, this post-recovery program will be crucial in keeping a drug-free lifestyle.
- Lifestyle-specific recovery facilities: Some provide affluent, spa-like accommodations but may not be more effective than other centers. On the flip side, programs are fashioned around sparse accommodations, constant routine, and work that imitates the military lifestyle.
- Group-Specific recovery programs: Some recovery programs major on specific communities. For instance, people who are devoutly religious or subscribe to particular philosophies, or belong to the LGBT community, may feel comfortable if surrounded by people they share values with during the start of the recovery process. Some rehab centers are gender-sensitive; others deal with elderly populations.